This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? tech

qptech blog

The companion to qpmarl blog. Here you will find all technical related posts (mostly computer and linux stuff)

Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

desktop shortcut to resart the DNS client

I described the problem and solution in an earlier post. The next step of course is to make a desktop shortcut to take care of everything instead of manually restarting the service from the computer management tool. So I made a batch file to do it. Here are the contents

net stop dnscache
net start dnscache

That's it, it works. Now whenever I sit down to a stale windows session in which the dhcp client is probably not functioning properly, I can just hit the icon on my desktop to restart it. It doesn't even matter if the dhcp client does happen to be working - there's no harm in restarting it.

I had to edit this post because when I first wrote it, I mistakenly said that it was the DHCP client (I wrote it in a rush or something) and had dhcp instead of dnscache in the batch file listing. Now it's right.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home