This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? tech

qptech blog

The companion to qpmarl blog. Here you will find all technical related posts (mostly computer and linux stuff)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Still Compiling

Well, I got some GUI up, but I'm still compiling some applications (Mozilla Firefox, Open Office, and mplayer). I could have had it all done yesterday, but I'm trying to get the latest versions of these things, which means that there are some broken dependencies, so I gotta sort those out and recompile some other stuff. It seems to be going smoothly now though.

I'm writing this from a simple GUI running the Konqueror web browser. I got KDE installed Though I'm not using it yet because this is my first attempt at running X and I just wanted to make sure that it works right before loading KDE. X seems to be working right, I got it running at my laptop LCD's native resolution of 1280x800 (wxga) using the open source ATI Radeon drivers. I'm using a USB mouse right now, and I should have the touchpad working on the next reboot. The mouse scroll wheel works. I got some truetype fonts installed. Everything's looking pretty good.

Time to reboot and start KDE

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home