This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? tech

qptech blog

The companion to qpmarl blog. Here you will find all technical related posts (mostly computer and linux stuff)

Monday, January 24, 2005

 

More fun with Linux networking

Broke my network again. Fixed it by editing one configuration file (two lines). I accidentally replaced my net config file durring an update - my fault, not the update software's. It would have been fine if I had a dhcp client installed, but I don't 'cause I don't like using dhcp. I'm static all the way, baby!

Messed up my xorg.conf file and had to fix it as well. Just one line and I knew which one right away from reading the output from the failed startx command.

I also broke some libraries required for qiv and mplayer. Fixed them - it took a bit longer because I had actually unintsalled them and had to recompile.

The only reason I found config errors is because I rebooted after trying to fix the libraries. It didn't do me any good to reboot and I didn't have to reboot to fix it. It must be some residual instict from the old days with Windows. My uptime was like 3 days and I could be going on 4 if I hadn't needlessly rebooted.

I'm going to keep track of my uptime and post it here every once in a while.

current uptime: 3 hours, 53 minutes.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home