This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? tech

qptech blog

The companion to qpmarl blog. Here you will find all technical related posts (mostly computer and linux stuff)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 

Aaaah, that annoying bell

my linux pc sounds the bell to indicate alerts durring software compiling, but this is very annoying - the thing's beeping all the time because the setup is brand new and I'm still installing all kinds of stuff (nearly all compiled from source). It's been annoying my roommates as well.

My first instinct was to perform a speakerectomy, but while preping the patient for surgery, I realized that the speaker was soldered to the motherboard - the operation would require tools that I don't have at the moment if the patient was to have a good chance of survival.

So, I had to fall back on software therapy using escape sequences. The treatment seems to be working, but will require a reset to each virtual terminal to become permanent.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home