This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? tech

qptech blog

The companion to qpmarl blog. Here you will find all technical related posts (mostly computer and linux stuff)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 

Kodak CX4310 on Linux

I use Linux. It rocks. I just setup a new computer and want to use it to get the photos from my digital camera. I know that this is possible and not too difficult because I've done it before (gphoto2 and gtkam). I got all the software setup and my camera plugged in, but it still didn't work. I found the problem within 2 minutes of reading the gphoto manual - you can't have any usb camera drivers loaded in th kernel - you must let gphoto handle the drivers itself. Ah Ha, I had compiled with Kodak DC2xx drivers because I thought I might need them. I just have to recompile my kernel without it and then it'll work. Then I can email my photos to people.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home