This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? tech

qptech blog

The companion to qpmarl blog. Here you will find all technical related posts (mostly computer and linux stuff)

Monday, June 28, 2004

 

new gmail account

I am very grateful for the gmail invite I received from my brother. The service is still in beta, so it is lacking in a few features, but I think it'll be the best free email service once it's released to everyone. I think that one of the reasons they're limiting the number of accounts right now is that they don't yet have the resources to handle the 1 Gb storage available to every gmail user - so they gotta keep the number down for a while and just release a few invitations now and then as they add storage. Google's computer network (cluster) is amazing right now, and it'll be much more amazing in the near future. I've read estimates that they currently have somewhere between 70 and 100 thousand servers to run the google search engine and all the other services they provide (including gmail I suppose).

Anyways I'm qpmarl@[insert the name of the noted service].com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home